With some much of a change in our daily lives and “leisure” time (is there such a thing?!?), we may find ourselves not completely keeping up with our beauty routines. We don’t really have to get ready to leave the house, which can lead to some forgetful tendencies, which is understandable. This COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives immensely, and our daily schedules are completely different.
However, we need to make sure that we do our due diligence in maintaining our beauty routine, because we owe it to ourselves. Self-care, self-love…we deserve it.
Let’s go over a few tips on how to stay stunning this quarantine season:
1. Stay consistent with your skincare routine.
– Beauty demands consistency! To achieve our desired look, and maintain it, our skincare routine is crucial. Forgetting to exfoliate or to moisturize are just some of the things we hear many people are neglecting to do, and we want to encourage you to keep up the daily work and routine! Keeping our skin gorgeous and healthy is a full time job with no days off!
2. Get some fresh air and keep your skin safe.
– We are spending more time in our backyards recently, which is a beautiful thing. Being outside in fresh air allows is wonderful for our body, mind, and SKIN and will help us feel and look fresh and radiant. HOWEVER, overexposure to the sun can be damaging to tour skin, as the sun’s UV rays can create damage to the cells that range from premature wrinkles to danger skin cancer. UV exposure is cumulative and increases your skin cancer risk over time. While your body can repair some of the DNA damage in skin cells, it can’t repair all of it. Applying SPF (we recommend a minimum of 30 SPF!) and wearing a hat will help keep our skin protected. We wouldn’t want to take 10 steps back on our hard work from our daily skin care regime!
3. Eat healthy and drink water.
– How we could all go for a snack right now. Maybe a bag of chips, or a chocolate bar, anything to quench our restlessness right? While this may be the overwhelming temptation, we urge you – do NOT give in! Maintaining a consistent daily dose of fruits, vegetables, and low inflammatory foods (think non-boxed, low or no sugar, no preservative foods!) will do wonders for our skin.
– Stress can trigger dry skin, inflammation, acne breakouts, and much more. Yes, we may feel like we aren’t using our time wisely these days, or are just UPDATEfeeling overwhelmed with all of the life changes, but we need to stay chill. Take control of your lifestyle and try some stress reducing activities, like spending time with loved ones, getting good rest, or exercising.
This quarantine, let’s stay consistent, smart, and relaxed, so that when we hit the town after, we can feel and look as vibrant as possible!